So, guys, what’s the probability some kind of green is going to be this year’s color of the year?
Really high, apparently, as Pantone’s Color Report (above video) seems to imply. Various shades of green have also appeared on the runway (see image compilation by fashionista.com below).
I mean, there’s three different shades of green happening in the color report.
- Emerald: It’s, kinda sparkly ( à la Sephora + Pantone Universe’s nail polish in evergreen?)
- Grayed Jade: It’s jade, but gray. Apparently its secretly neutral.
- Tender Shoots: It’s Fall’s bright Chartreuse in disguise, imho.
If it’s not green for 2013 color of the year, it’s blue.
- Dusk Blue: It’s that sky blue that’s been all over the place since Chanel’s Nouvelle Vague nail polish came out. Also secretly neutral.
- Monaco Blue: It makes me think of Van Gogh’s Starry Night and Sephora + Pantone Universe’s nail polish in Reflecting Pond. Possibly a contender for Color of the Year?
- Linen: Some kind of nude. It’s a lighter, less pinky edition of Fall/Winter 2012’s Rose smoke.
- Nectarine: It’s like Tangerine Tango after 2012? It’s okay, but I already have my fair share of orange for maybe five years.
- African Violet: Similar to Rhapsody, but happier. Because its spring, and you’re like, obliged to be happy.
- Poppy Red: I like red, and poppies. Poppies are happy, right?
- Lemon Zest: My least favorite in the crowd. I just really dislike yellow. It’s too happy.
Word of the Day: Diaphanous – very sheer and light; almost completely transparent or translucent. (Dictionary.com)